Saturday, October 1, 2016

Title: SINGLE CHICAS Author: Sandra Lopez

Single Chicas

Inside the Book:

Title: SINGLE CHICAS
Author: Sandra Lopez
Publisher: Independent
Pages: 163
Genre: Women’s/Short Story Fiction
Single Chicas is a collection of stories about modern Latinas being in, out, and around the zany hurdles of relationships. One woman receives strange calls from a lonely soul, another seeks advice on how to love herself, and another wakes up in a parallel universe to a man she’s never met. These chicas will make painstaking effort to survive the complexities with humor and grace. Once again, López dazzles audiences with her brilliantly candid craft. Smart, witty, and funny, these stories will explore the true endurance of singlehood.

My Review
SINGLE CHICAS by Sandra Lopez is an interesting and inspiring collection of stories about modern Latinas and relationships. Now I personally am not a Latina, but I still found the book to be an interesting and inspiring read. Some are more realistic and some are totally outlandish, yet still very entertaining. For instance one woman wakes up in a parallel universe! I mean talk about science fiction! I loved how there were so many different genres within this one book. I think the parallel Universe one was my favorite, but that has more to do with the science fiction nature of the story then the characters themselves. 
I was sent this book for free for only my honest and unbiased review. I welcome both positive and negative feedback.  

No comments:

Post a Comment