Sunday, January 15, 2017

Serenity Incident by Richard A. Valicek

Serenity Incident by Richard A. Valicek is the second book in the Dead Path Chronicles and falls in to the science fiction genre.  Serenity Incident: book two of the Dead Path Chronicles by Richard A. Valicek follows Caprius Seaton, prince of the city of Elysium of the planet Alamptria, and his romantic interest (as decreed by prophecy) Melina Hampshire. Prince Caprius Seaton only wanted a simple life, but his father the King and a prophecy close off the avenue to a simple life and instead leaves him with a life path that he must fulfil for his kingdom. Prince Caprius Seaton and Melina Hampshire must come together so that their future son, Lantrinon, will come to be. Their son is destined to defeat dark lord Makoor. However there are many who seek to end their union before it can begin and Prince Caprius Seaton must not only save Melina Hampshire, but also keep her safe from future plots while attempting to keep his father from going to war with the wrong people.

I found that Serenity Incident: book two of the Dead Path Chronicles by Richard A. Valicek reminded me of a mix between the Harry Potter book series and the TV show series Supernatural. There is a whirlwind of characters, plots, and creatures that somehow all come together into one book in a way that both confuses and astounds. I began the Serenity Incident: book two of the Dead Path Chronicles by Richard A. Valicek with a bit of confusion as I had not read book one first and it seemed like there was a lack of order to the chaos the author created. However the more I read the more appeal I saw in the chaos and as I continued everything started to come together like the pieces of a puzzle. I have to say that I am glad that I took the time to read this book as I greatly enjoyed it though I would recommend future readers begin with book one so that everything makes more sense from the get go.

Reviewed by Sefina Hawke for Reader's Favorites


No comments:

Post a Comment