Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Food with Friends: The Art of Simple Gatherings


Food with Friends: The Art of Simple Gatherings


Small bites and treats to share

The best gatherings are simple, yet somehow special. They might begin with an impromptu picnic after shopping at the farmer’s market or a late lunch with neighbors that stretches into cocktails under the stars. Whatever the occasion, this picture-perfect cookbook shows how to turn any meal into a delectable affair. These effortless recipes for brunch, teatime, happy hours, picnics, potlucks, and dessert all include a whimsical twist: a few slices of French toast doused in lavender syrup, rainbow chard empanadas served with pistachio crema, or a vibrant purple cauliflower hummus. With tips on creating an inviting table, stocking a pantry to make last-minute nibbles, and packing delicious parting gifts for guests, Food with Friends will inspire any get-together, however large or small.
Leela Cyd
Leela Cyd is from Santa Barbara, California. She is a lifestyle and food photographer, shooting for editorial clients such as Sweet Paul magazine, Kinfolk and Conde Nast Traveler. Food with Friends: The Art of Simple Gatherings focuses on accessible, quick and joyful food to share.





Review

I was intrigued by the idea of this book. I liked the idea of small healthy meals that were simple to make. However I feel like this book did not deliver on this. The recipes were rather exotic, which might be great for some people, but I lacked most of the needed ingredients and I had no clue what half the recipes were. That said the recipes were all laid out in an easy to understand manner. Each recipe provided directions, ingredient lists, and how much the recipe would make. The picture were all done in a tasteful fashion. I also really liked the fact that the many of the recipes did not require there to be meat in the recipe. I just wish that the book would have be more upfront about what I was getting from the book. ***I was sent this book for free for test and review purposes for only my honest and unbiased review; I was given no payment or any form of compensation for this review. These views are 100% my own and were not influenced by anything, but the product itself.I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.

Preview



No comments:

Post a Comment