Monday, June 6, 2016

Jericho by Alex Gordon

Jericho by Alex Gordon
Gideon: A Novel

For readers of Deborah Harkness, J.D. Horn, Lev Grossman, and any supernatural thriller, a young witch must risk death and damnation to defeat a powerful ancient evil in Alex Gordon's follow-up to the masterful debut Gideon.

In unearthing her father’s secret past, Lauren Reardon discovered a shocking truth about herself. She is a Child of Endor, a sect of witches who believe they are the guardians of the “thin places”—areas across the globe where evil can seep through the divide between the worlds separating the living and the restless dead. At any time, she can be called upon to close one of these breaches and prevent demons from infiltrating our realm. When Lauren has a disturbing vision of an Oregon forest, she is drawn back to the familiar woods of the misty Pacific Northwest to investigate.

Locals had long whispered about an abandoned logging camp known as Jericho—of the strange disappearances and eerie sounds heard in the woods deep in the night. But these ghost stories only hint at the true evil lurking within the camp’s dilapidated buildings, a primeval malevolence far more terrifying than Lauren’s darkest imaginings. And now, Lauren must face this evil, even if it takes her life . . . even if it costs her soul.

Biography
Alex GordonAlex Gordon was born in the Northeast, grew up in the South, and now resides in the Midwest. She is currently developing another thriller, and is having too much fun doing research. When she isn't working, she enjoys watching sports and old movies, running, and the company of dogs. She dreams of someday adding the Pacific Northwest to the list of regions where she has lived. 

And maybe the south of France.

She is not the Alex Gordon who has written several books about English footballers. She also has never played for the Kansas City Royals. 

JERICHO, the follow-up to GIDEON, will be released by Harper Voyager in April 2016.

For additional information and updates, visit her website at www.alexgordon.net

My Review
I was very excited to read Jericho because of how much I truly enjoyed reading Gideon: A Novel by Alex Gordon. If Gideon: A Novel by Alex Gordon was great then Jericho by Alex Gordon could be considered amazing. I found that I enjoyed the sequel even more than I did the first one. I found myself still enjoying Lauren Reardon's personality as she continues to discover who she is and who she will become. I really liked how she was strong female who was not afraid to make herself heard nor was she afraid to do what needed to be done.  I personally enjoyed the more modern approach that the author took in this book as it helped to keep me interested. The mystery element of the book is what kept me on the edge of my seat as I turned page after page. I found the mystery surrounding the town of Jericho exciting. I would recommend this book to all mystery lovers as it is a gripping tale of mystery that pulls you in farther and farther with every page you turn. I was sent a free copy of this book for only my honest and unbiased review.

No comments:

Post a Comment