Thursday, June 9, 2016

The Know: Presevation by Ed Kurst

The Know: Presevation by Ed Kurst

John Preston sets aside the easy bullet that would end his certain, lingering death. He now Knows too much. His mind has just returned from a wild ride tens of thousands of years into the past, where he witnessed three primitive humans divining a path to save humankind from a fiery global catastrophe. What John now Knows might cure him but could also require that he shred the very fabric of time and space.

John’s quest for answers thrusts him into the lead role to confront the Consortium, a cabal of eight families with the power to Know the future and the past. Guided by John’s latent Know ability and a seventy-thousand-year-old prophecy, he sets out on a path for his own salvation.

Success will mean life. Failure…a cruel doom for all humankind.

Preservation is the first book in the Know Trilogy, which wraps a new theory of space-time, humankind’s evolution, millennia-old conspiracies, and imminent global destruction around a broken man’s redemption, an evil man’s reckoning, and a driven woman’s unique destiny.

Before writing his first novel, Ed Kurst developed mega engineering projects packed full of cutting-edge technology. Combining a lifelong passion for science fiction and fantasy with his engineering knowledge, he now writes about what he Knows. Ed resides with his wife along the US Gulf Coast where the imperious spirits of their four beloved cats roam the nights in bayou country.

My Review 
I am a huge fan of science fiction so this book was most definitely up my alley as far as books go. This novel explored new concepts that I have never seen in a science fiction book before. I liked how they even involved real history in the book through the author did bend history a bit to fit the plot line. I liked the concept of the prophecy and characters being able to change history because of their abilities or Know. John Preston quickly became my favorite character in this book. I liked how he handled the situations that were thrown at him and how he was not afraid to seek assistance from allies.  I enjoyed the entire book and I am super excited to read the next book in the series when it comes out. Here is a sneak peak of this book:Am I dead?
I couldn’t hear, touch, move. Bodiless, my consciousness careened down a corridor of utter blackness. Yet there was something there, something my mind was connected to in a way that had never happened before.
Falling into this endless spinning void, I began to thrash around in a panic. At the same time, my heart raced in exhilaration and anticipation. I slowed and then paused in the uncertain darkness. It was as if I was standing on tiptoe at the edge of the Grand Canyon in the dead of night, arms spread wide, waiting for the whipping winds to lift me into flight or potentially cast me into oblivion.
All that separated me from familiar reality was a transparent black membrane. Beyond, tall grasses waved on a moonlit plain, eventually breaking against thickening scrub brush and a forested area. I pressed my consciousness against the fragile boundary and pushed through.
On the edge of the forest, primitive humans spoke in low, guttural voices. I was drawn inexorably to the eldest at the gathering and entered her mind. I was still myself but also simultaneously viewed, felt, and watched from within her at this gathering. Her present, her experiences, her thoughts were now mine.
Immediately sensing my presence, she pushed me gently but firmly to a mental arm’s length and silently commanded, ‘Traveler, observe.’
I was provided with a free copy of this book for only my honest and unbiased review.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for reading 'The Know: Preservation' and for posting such a positive review! John Preston will be the lead character in the second book in the series, ‘The Know: Evolution.’

    ReplyDelete