Friday, October 19, 2018

Switch on Your Brain Everyday

Switch On Your Brain: The Key to Peak Happiness, Thinking, and Health

Overview

Switch On Your Brain: The Key to Peak Happiness, Thinking, and Health by Caroline Leaf
Dr. Caroline Leaf is a communication pathologist and audiologist who has worked in the area of cognitive neuroscience since 1985. Her pioneering work on neuroplasticity—that changes in thinking actually change the brain and can effect behavioral change—paved the way for her current research on how scientific principles are supported by Scripture and vice versa. She is a prolific author and has been featured on Enjoying Everyday Life with Joyce Meyer, LIFE Today with James and Betty Robison, Today with Marilyn and SarahIt's Supernatural with Sid Roth, and Doctor to Doctor. Dr. Leaf also hosts Switch On Your Brain on TBN. She and her husband, Mac, live in Dallas, Texas, with their four children.

Table of Contents

Prologue 13
Acknowledgments 17
Introduction: Switch On Your Brain with Hope 19
Part 1 How to Switch On Your Brain
1 Mind Controls Matter 31
2 Choice and Your Multiple-Perspective Advantage 39
3 Your Choices Change Your Brain 55
4 Catch Those Thoughts 71
5 Entering into Directed Rest 79
6 Stop Milkshake-Multitasking 93
7 Thinking, God, and the Quantum Physics Brain 103
8 The Science of Thought 123
Part 2 The 21-Day Brain Detox Plan
9 What Is the 21-Day Brain Detox Plan? 139
10 How and Why the 21-Day Brain Detox Plan Works 147
11 Gather: Step 1 157
12 Focused Reflection: Step 2 171
13 Write: Step 3 181
14 Revisit: Step 4 187
15 Active Reach: Step 5 193
Afterword 203
Notes 207
Recommended Reading 217

My Review
Switch On Your Brain: The Key to Peak Happiness, Thinking, and Health
by Caroline Leaf was a well written book that I found very interesting and I liked that I was able to understand it all with ease. As a psychology graduate I found the content particularly interesting and I wish I could have read it when I was working on my bachelor's degree in psychology as it would have worked well with multiple papers I had to write! I received this book for free for only my honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment