Saturday, January 28, 2017

Elm Street: Memories of a Home (Volume 2) by Scott Douglas Vaughan

Elm Street: Memories of a Home (Volume 2) by Scott Douglas Vaughan is a fiction book that is the second book the Memories of Home series.  Elm Street: Memories of a Home (Volume 2) by Scott Douglas Vaughan is a book that will appeal to a mixed audience of young adults and some adults who are interested in fiction based on the author’s own childhood experiences. Elm Street: Memories of a Home (Volume 2) by Scott Douglas Vaughan follows Frank Wilcox in 1965 as he, Charlie Keller, Lester Freemont, Pete Yancey, and Wendell Mann grow from boyhood into manhood. In Elm Street: Memories of a Home (Volume 2) by Scott Douglas Vaughan Frank Wilcox and his friends deal with school spankings, explorations with their Cub Scout friends, a school bully, honor roll, and the Georgia Bulldogs football games.


                I really liked the idea that while Elm Street: Memories of a Home (Volume 2) by Scott Douglas Vaughan was totally fictional that it was based on the author’s own experiences. I enjoyed trying to spate fact based fiction from total fiction.  Elm Street: Memories of a Home (Volume 2) by Scott Douglas Vaughan was particularly well written and I found the descriptive language really allowed me to create a clear picture of the time period, the boys, and the settings. While Elm Street: Memories of a Home (Volume 2) by Scott Douglas Vaughan is the second book in the series I had no difficulty in jumping right in to book two; which was a nice change from the normal confusion I have to deal with when I begin in the middles of a series. I have to say I actually liked it so much that I plan to go back and read the first book: Brookwood Road: Memories of a Home!

           "Reviewed by Sefina Hawke for Readers' Favorite"

No comments:

Post a Comment