Wednesday, January 24, 2018

CRIMSON REALM CHRONICLES


Inside the Book

TitleIN SEARCH OF PRIDE
Author: Gabriella Bradley & Taryn Jameson
Publisher: eXtasy Books
Pages: 24
Genre: Fantasy/Scifi/Paranormal/Shifter
BOOK BLURB:
Bound by a curse, Brenn must find a way to save his pride.
Brenn returns from a war far from his home to find that his village is destroyed and his pride missing. With the help of his guardian dragon, Ciara, he sets out to find his missing family and pride.
After Ciara saves Brenn’s life twice, he begins to realize that he isn’t as invincible as he once thought. He must accept his limitations and the help of his lifemate to keep him safe.

My Review
I personally liked that IN SEARCH OF PRIDE also included the prequel CARNAL TWILIGHT (Prequel). As it allowed me to get a better understanding of Brenn and how he became the man that he was in: In Search of Pride. Ciara really added a nice magical element to the book that drew me right in!  I personally found this book to be a bit on the short side, but the other books in the series made up for the short length of the first one. I was just glad that I had the next books already available as it allowed me to go from this book directly to book two.

 


Inside the Book

Title: THE DRAGON’S LION
Author: Gabriella Bradley & Taryn Jameson
Publisher: eXtasy
Pages: 172
Genre: Fantasy/Scifi/Paranormal/Shifter
BOOK BLURB:
Danger, lies, and betrayal forge the path to unlocking the secrets Brenn seeks.
The rescue of Brenn’s pride sets off an angry tirade from Cewrick that results in curses that almost cripple the Crimson Realm and all of Ierilia.
With the help of Ciara, Brenn leads his crew through the bowels of the planet and the forbidden forest to unlock the secret of defeating Cewrick. But will his defeat end the reign of terror on their world?

My Review

The Dragon's Lion was even better than In Search of Pride and I was much happier with the length of the book. I really like how the author expanded upon the world that was created in the first book in the series and I felt like I gained a better picture of the Crimson Realm and all of Ierilia. While I enjoyed Brenn's character it was really Ciara that made me interested enough to keep reading. Overall, this was a well written book that I enjoyed reading!


Inside the Book

Title: SWORD OF BETRAYAL
Author: Gabriella Bradley & Taryn Jameson
Publisher: eXtasy Books
Pages: TBA
Genre: Fantasy/Scifi/Paranormal/Shifter
BOOK BLURB:
The blade of betrayal cuts deep.
When Erica is granted a commission in the king’s army and a magical sword for her bravery, she begins to look forward to a future for both herself and her crew. But not everyone is happy with their circumstances.
Erica joins Brenn’s team in the fight to save his planet from the angry god, Zolmes and she finds herself charmed by more than just the planet. The sexy lion shifter Laro, claims she is his lifemate, setting her passions ablaze. Stung by the sharp tongues and dissension of some of her crew, Erica pushes him away to focus on the lives of her crewmembers.
Can Erica accept a future with Laro or will she let hate and betrayal decide her fate?
My Review
The Sword of Betrayal ended up being my favorite book in the series. I really loved how Erica became a main character in this book and I like Laro as well though not quite as much as Erica! This was a wonderful end to the series that left me hoping for the author to add more books to the series in the future!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you enjoyed the series so far! Gabriella and I have had a wonderful time writing them! Our next book, Sword of Judgement releases the first week of March. Gabriella and I are on a pretty steady release schedule with a new release for the series about every two months!

    ReplyDelete