- Narrated by:
- Length: 7 hrs and 24 mins
- Unabridged Audiobook
- Release Date:03-08-17
- Publisher: Acorn Book Services
Publisher's SummaryFame comes at a price. Some pay with their privacy. Others pay with their pride. Khloe Everest paid with her life.Determined to get her pretty face in front of the cameras, Khloe Everest fakes an abduction only to make a grand entrance in the midst of a press conference held by Spencer's Police Chief David O'Callaghan.Three years later, after failing to catapult her notoriety into a long-lasting celebrity, Khloe Everest returns to Spencer upon her mother's sudden death and seemingly finds another weapon to propel herself into the spotlight. Unfortunately, someone kills her before she can make this entrance.In Lauren Carr's sixth Mac Faraday Mystery, Mac and his friends come up against reality stars, politicians, has-beens, and wannabes. Mac also finds himself face-to-face with an old foe from his past who had managed to escape arrest during their last encounter. Now, Mac sees that his adversary has only become more powerful, and dangerous, with the passage of time.Intent to not let this killer escape again, Mac and his friends need to put all of their talents together to put a stop to a cold-blooded lady killer.
- Meet the Author:
Lauren Carr is the international best-selling author of the Mac Faraday, Lovers in Crime, and Thorny Rose Mysteries—over twenty titles across three fast-paced mystery series filled with twists and turns!
Book reviewers and readers alike rave about how Lauren Carr’s seamlessly crosses genres to include mystery, suspense, romance, and humor.
Lauren is a popular speaker who has made appearances at schools, youth groups, and on author panels at conventions. She lives with her husband and three dogs (including the real Gnarly’s klutzy nephew Sterling) on a mountain in Harpers Ferry, WV.
- My Review
- The Lady Who Cried Murder would have to be one of my favorite audio books right up there with all of the others that I have read or listened to in the Mac Faraday Mystery Series. I have yet to find a badly written or uninteresting book that I have read or listened to by Lauren Carr.
- The Lady Who Cried Murder has one of those plots that pulled me in right from the first chapter. The beginning had the typical amount of setup, but when the murders happened it began a plot that kept me on the edge of my seat with my earbuds pressed tightly into my ears. I was so enthralled that I actually had The Lady Who Cried Murder playing on my Amazon Echo throughout the day so that I could go do things around my house without leaving the book!
- It would be very hard to pick out one scene in The Lady Who Cried Murder as my favorite, but if I had to it would be the scene at the end where all the puzzle pieces come together for both the characters and the readers/listener.
- I personally believe that any of the books in the Mac Faraday Mystery Series would make for a great movie. If I had to pick a tagline it would something like Don't Fear Ladies Gnarly is Here.
Tuesday, May 16, 2017
The Lady Who Cried Murder by Lauren Carr
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Love your taglines, Books for Books! So glad you enjoyed THE LADY WHO CRIED MURDER. I'm sure your followers will as well and look forward to meeting them on the Lauren Carr Audiobooks-a-palooza tour.ReplyDelete